- This event has passed.
Balance is a Myth: Mompreneur Day | Ana Rojas, Director of TiE Houston
November 13 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm CST
Register here! https://bit.ly/2OF16Uf
Finding a balance between being a mom and being an entrepreneur can be uniquely challenging, and sometimes feel impossible. Join Ana Rojas, Director of TiE Houston, and explore work-life balance as a mompreneur, time-management, and the benefits of co-working with other mompreneurs! Child supervision will be provided during the duration of the morning program, from 9:30am-11:00am.
Afterward, hang around Station Houston for a few hours of co-working and connect with other mompreneurs in the community!
- 9:30am – 10:00am: Breakfast, coffee, and networking
- 10:00am – 10:30am: Ana Rojas, Director of TiE Houston
- 10:30am – 10:45am: Q&A
- 10:45am – 11:00am: Closeout of morning program
- 11:00am – 4:00pm: Coworking at Station Houston (Please note that child supervision will NOT be provided during coworking)
Who Should Attend:
- Women entrepreneurs that want to deep dive into what it means to have “work-life balance” as a mom
- Women entrepreneurs looking to connect with, and expand their network of, fellow women entrepreneurs
- Allies supportive of women entrepreneurs
What You’ll Learn:
- Benefits of co-working with other female entrepreneurs
- Tips on managing our most valuable resource – time
- Knowing when you’re ready to make the shift as an entrepreneur while being a mom (from ideating to investment)
More about Ana Rojas, Director of TiE Houston:
Ana Rojas Bastidas didn’t set out to be a disrupter but after years of aiming for the status quo, that’s exactly what she’s proudly become. When her family decided to move to Houston, she knew it was time for a change and to pursue her passions despite not knowing a single person. She created PowerToPrevail which started as a personal blog but has expanded into a body positive community with 30K followers which lead her to speaking engagements, workshops, and ultimately the start of her new company, OroLait which will be the first line of breastfeeding friendly bikinis. All while raising 3 kids, the youngest being 10 months old, and running TiE’s Houston chapter which is a non-profit organization dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship. She believes her role as a momtrepreneur is changing how moms are seen as innovators, effective leaders, and proving that just because things have only ever been done one way that it’s the only way.
This program is brought to you by a collaboration between Station Houston and SocialMama, a networking App for Mamas that empowers mothers through meaningful connections.