- This event has passed.
HAHA – Meeting
January 3 @ 7:00 pm UTC-6
Welcome to another meeting of Houston Area’s Hacker’s Anonymous! For those that do not know, this is a spawn of the AHA group in Austin. As such, this will be pretty similar, but local to our area. With that, let’s talk some rules and meeting details.
There are four basic rules of HAHA.
1. You must participate to remain a member (IRC and speaking at meetings).
2. There is no recording or filming allowed.
3. What happens at HAHA, stays at HAHA.
4. Keep your talk under 10 mins*.
*Your talk may go over 10 minutes, if it will, please let Dennis Maldonado or Caleb Watt know ahead of time, and we will place you at the end of the list
Topic of your presentation can be anything that interests you and/or you would think interests others
If you are concerned with what to talk about, we have some ideas/examples. Primarily we would like you to talk briefly about your own personal work. This is a place to meet, talk, learn from each other, and probably get heckled just a tad (entirely in jest, I assure you.)
Feel free to talk about
• InfoSec research you are performing
• Interesting code
• Projects you are working on
• Fun project or pen testing stories
• Awesome bypass techniques
• Pretty much anything else
The most important thing is to make your presentation brief, and your own content. Please do not bring a simple “How to BurpSuite Tutorial”, instead, show us a neat new trick using BurpSuite or an extension you are building and how it works.
• Video Projector with HDMI and VGA inputs
• HDMI and VGA Cable
• MiniDisplay port (male) to VGA/HDMI/DVI (female)