HX EVENT CALENDAR
- This event has passed.
Blockchain for Beginners: Introduction to Blockchain & Digital Ledgers | Byte Academy
August 14 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Register here! https://bit.ly/2YrGlzg
Develop an understanding of blockchain and digital ledger technology for business and practical use cases
This workshop led by Dr. Christian Seberino, co-founder of Blockchain Partners and global blockchain instructor, provides an introduction to the ecosystem of blockchain, cryptocurrency and digital ledgers. You will come away with a better understanding of what a blockchain is, what it can do for you and how to apply it in your business or daily life. This introductory workshop will cover major concepts including the history of the technology with emphasis on practical use cases (eg supply chain, cryptography) and industry applications such as finance, medicine, energy and more.
Pre-requisites: None. This workshop is for beginners from any industry. Please bring a computer.
- Public vs. Private; or, Permissioned vs Permissionless
- Open source vs. proprietary
- Applications To Several Industries including finance, energy and medicine
- Technical Details Including Transactions, Blocks, Chains, Consensus Mechanisms including Proof of Work (PoW) and Mining
2. Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency
- Definition and History
- Relation To Money and Fundamentals Of Money
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICO) or token offerings – including are they a scam?
- Examples including alternatives
- Definition and major use cases
- Hashes Including SHA3 & Keccek256,
- Private and Public Keys including ECDSA & RSA
4. Smart Contracts
- Definition Including history
- Applications and decentralized applications (dApps)
- Definition and History
- Technical Details Including Blockchain, Ether, Gas and Smart Contracts
- Applications Including Swarm, Whisper and Oracles
6. Enterprise Blockchains Including Hyperledger
- Definition and history
- Hyperledger and other popular blokchains including Quorum from JP Morgan Corda and Oracle Blockchain crowd services
- Fabric, Sawtooth & Iroha Blockchains
- Applications Including Burrow, Indy, Quilt, Cello & Composer
About The Instructor: Dr. Christian Seberino is the co-founder of Blockchain Partners. He has taught blockchain classes all over the world, including Shanghai and Dubai, Dr. Seberino creates educational blockchain podcasts and articles and has deep knowledge of blockchains and teaches all levels from beginner to developer. He has taught for Oracle and ETC Labs (https://etclabs.org/ ). He is currently on the faculty of Sam Houston State University and Lone Star Community College. Previously he was a secondary school instructor. He has held various high tech related positions over more than two decades in industry, government and academia. He has done classified cryptography work for the National Security Agency (NSA). He has worked with Google, Qualcomm, the Space & Naval Warfare Systems Center and many other organizations.
About Byte Academy: Headquartered in New York City since 2014 recently opening its doors in Houston, Byte Academy is a leading coding school and pioneer blockchain education. Byte Academy’s blockchain bootcamp program, as featured in Bloomberg, is one of the first worldwide. Its meetup group has also been ranked as one of the “30 Top Blockchain Meetups” around the world.
*maybe subject to change