HX EVENT CALENDAR
- This event has passed.
Regular: Weekly Robot Making Meet – Start Time 1130
March 16 @ 11:30 am - 3:00 pm
This is the Houston Robotics Club’s regular informal Meetup event where we make group robot projects.
3 made or worked on projects to date:
• Tumblrweed (finished) – Ball robot
• ARIEL (ongoing) – Teleprescence robot. • Autonomous Robot [currently unnamed] (pre-planning stages) – autonomous moving machine
• Sonik (starting) – Self-Driving autonomous machine
Link to our 501c Bylaws:
Houston Robotics Club Github Page: https://github.com/Houston-Robotics-Club/ariel
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/HoustonRobotics
GroupMe: Ask us about joining in our real-time chat group at the meets
During these Meetups, we work on:
• the group’s robot projects
• assist on individual member’s robot project’s • discuss group and individual robot projects • teach and promote robotics in general A.R.I.E.L. – Avatar Robot for Imaging and Electronic Liaison (thanks Eric for the awesome name idea). Note: This Meetup is open to everyone. So even if you missed the last Meetup, you can still come.
** This event is the regular weekly meet the club has ran for 2 years now. This is an informally structured meet where we work on group projects and help with personal projects. **
** The Robotics 101 is special event the club is facilitating as well. It is a more formally structured event. If you want to be a part of our 101 course RSVP on the meet above this one.**
Relevant Resources for Our Group:
Simple Electronics: https://youtu.be/GQLED3gmONg
This channel has great info on electronics basics. The PWM video is a good place to start because that term gets thrown around a lot at our meets
This video gives a nice general rundown of what Arduinos are and simple coding for it. The channel also offers good tutorials on broader range of electronic and computer technoloy
Blueprint (https://www.lucidchart.com/users/registerOrLogin/free?showLogin=false&instructionMessage=Accept+invitation+to+%27HRC+Sonik%27&psuedoEditorTitle=HRC+Sonik) (You will need to register first on Lucid to view)