HX EVENT CALENDAR
Stop Random Acts of Marketing | Karen Hayward, Chief Outsiders
December 18 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
This is a 90 minute presentation with Q & A presentation that covers the following:
- How running and growing a company are different
- Equipping for today’s buyer (whether B2B or B2C)
- Understanding how the buyer’s journey has changed and the implications to the sales and marketing functions
- The importance of incorporating the Voice of the Customer and 3 easy techniques to execute
We’ll overview two exercises, the first on how to think about segmenting a customer base and workshop actions to address each segment to optimize revenue. The second exercise is how to develop a strategy based on activating a SWOT leveraging strengths and opportunities.
We wrap up by sharing some practical tactical tips and tools CEOs can take back to their teams. Each CEO will receive a copy of the Amazon bestselling hard cover book called Growth Gears written by the founders on how to develop a growth strategy for a mid-market company that drives deeper on the material.
Key Takeaways include:
- To win, you must follow the Voice of the Customer
- Importance of aligning to your Buyer’s Journey
- Easiest, lowest risk growth strategy to develop and deploy
- Share a template and an example on how to craft your unique value proposition
- Incorporate the voice of the customer & how to do it
- Net Promoter Score
- Win Loss Reviews
- Competitive Digital Analysis and why it is important
- Run your website through a grader and every member will leave with a Score for their company website and remediation plan to pass on to their web team
Karen Hayward, Managing Partner & CMO, Chief Outsiders. +25 years industry experience. She is a results-oriented marketing, sales and operations executive with a proven track record for building and executing strategic programs that accelerate revenue. Key to her success is an innate ability to drive alignment between an organization’s sales and marketing functions, to deliver breakthrough revenue. She is passionate about the need to follow the voice of the customer and is able to operationalize customer insights to effect product positioning, sales enablement and lead generation programs. Karen is a pioneer in the cloud computing industry, having worked with SaaS companies since re-locating to the US in 2000. Karen joins Chief Outsiders from EarthLink where, after completing the integration of their acquisition of CenterBeam, she developed marketing and sales enablement programs for the SMB segment. Prior to EarthLink, Karen spent a decade at CenterBeam, where she worked with the leadership team to completely re-architect the services offering and go-to-market strategy, building a $20M annuity business that was subsequently sold. Prior to joining CenterBeam, Karen served Accelio Corporation as their SVP of Industry Marketing and Alliances, delivering revenue and profit growth by revamping sales operations, professional services and global go-to-market alliance program. Karen’s early career set the stage for her later successes; while at Xerox Canada Ltd., she held a variety of corporate marketing, and sales leadership positions, developing and leading the company’s first industry focused go-to-market effort as VP and General Manager for the Financial Services sector, delivering 31% year over year new business growth and best unit performance for customer satisfaction (94%) in a mature business.