Angel Investing 101: An Introduction
About this Event
In a world where only the very wealthy, well connected, and major institutions have access to premium investment opportunities, which have created massive wealth for a small portion of the population, the team at Urban Capital Network believes the key to closing income and wealth gaps globally is to democratize access to opportunities across the investment ecosystem.
Join the Urban Capital Network team for an evening of learning, discussion and possibilities as we explore the world of angel investing and the positive net-impact of an expanded pool of angel investors.
During the series, you can expect to learn:
- The dynamics of the relationship between angel investors and entrepreneurs
- Key components of early-stage investments, including deal sourcing, negotiations, due diligence, and valuation
- Challenges and rewards of angel investing
- The early-stage investment lifecycle: angel investor to venture capital investment to exit
- Venture capital role, perspective, and relationship with angel investors and entrepreneurs
Angel Investing 101 Series Dates:
- February 18 – TBD
- March 18 – Sourcing and Vetting
- April 15 – Practical Implementation/Panel
- May 20 – Due Diligence and Deal Memo
- June 17 – Practical Implementation/Panel
- July 15 – Valuation & Term Sheet
- August 19 – Practical Implementation/Panel
- September 16 – Wrap Up
- October 21 – Angel Investing Intro
- November 18 – Angel Investing Intro
- (Future) investors interested in learning about early-stage angel investing and hearing first-hand experiences from talented and seasoned panelists.
- Entrepreneurs interested in learning more about the capital raising process and lifecycle.
Use the following link to submit questions in advance: https://urbancapitalnetwork.com/contact/