Houston Angel Summit
Join the Houston Angel Network (HAN) for our bi-annual summit. Attendees will learn the basics of angel investing as well as hear from experts on the topics of term sheets and tax implication of early stage investing.
Startup companies that have received funding from HAN will provide updates and three newly screened companies will pitch for potential investment.
This event is open to accredited investors, HAN members and individuals from our partnership organizations. The price of attendance will be applied to annual membership if attendees decide to join the Houston Angel Network.
8:30 AM: Registration + Light Breakfast
9:00 AM: Angel 101 + HAN Deal Process
10:00 AM: Investor & Education: Term Sheets and Tax Implications
12:00 PM: Lunch + Presentation from HX Venture Fund
1:00 PM: Company Presentations
Featured Education Presenters
Term Sheets: Charles Powell, Partner, Norton Rose Fullbrite
Preparing for Scale: Michael Lipe, Managing Director Brand and Marketing Strategy, Insperity
Angel 101 & HAN Process: Rob Hemker, Former HAN Chairman
Deal Screening & Due Diligence: Sonia Mathur, Chair of Board, Houston Angel Network
New Companies Presenting:
- BioMedical Music Solutions: SaaS platform that combines the power of AI with the healing power of music to accelerate rehabilitation therapy in one-third of the time and one-tenth of the cost of traditional physical therapy (PT) sessions.
- Optelos: Patented SaaS solution transforming physical asset images, videos, and documents into a Digital Inspection Twin enabling knowledge workers utilizing our unified data management, reality modeling, and in-process artificial intelligence solution, to digitally visualize, analyze and manage their entire asset base.
- Pocket Naloxone: Portfolio of over the counter drug overdose reversal agents, starting with naloxone OTC product for the reversal of opioid overdose.
Portfolio Companies Confirmed:
- AI Driller: Directional drilling automation applications for rigs. Integrates edge data into a closed-loop platform and provides real-time visibility into performance.
- Cavu Biotherapies: We modernize cancer care for dogs with patent pending immunotherapy. USDA authorized.
- CorInnova: Soft robotic non-blood contacting biventricular cardiac assist device for treatment of acute heart failure, up to 7 days’ use.
- Hive Genie: The only bee counter and hive sensor device that monitors pollination activities and colony health remotely inside and outside of the hive.
- Siera AI: AI-enabled cloud IoT platform that enables full self-driving automation and enhanced safety for enterprise industrial vehicle fleets.
- Skycom: Airship technology creates low-cost cell towers in the sky, slashing mobile service providers’ cost of doing business and allowing rapid expansion into new markets.
- Tevido: Pigment cell graft process to restore normal skin color for vitiligo patients & pale scars.
- Tot Squad: Clean, repair and install your strollers and car seats at different retail locations daily or at your doorstep.